UA-48009635-1 UA-48009635-1

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to School on the High Street

I'm thinking much of those who are starting school this week on both sides of the Atlantic. Especially Big Brother's British school friends who are starting their last year at Our Sweet School.

Even though we've been hitting the books for what seems like forever, it is just now back to school on my little High Street at GasLampToo. All decked out for learning in style here. The shop is like an extension of my favorite parts of our home - I love it!


We're all ready for fall with lots of plaid, vintage safety patrol gear, varsity letter, maps, apples, school supplies. All sorts of treasures to engage students young and old. And an alligator and pig, too. Every study hall needs a loyal pet.



For all the learning and on the job training for my shop, I'm the happiest school girl of late. It is delightful. Last week found me at the Nashville Flea Market at the fairgrounds. You must go if you get a chance. Flea marketing is part spatial relations lessons (how will I get all those goodies in the car?) and always, economics. Learning all the time. I'm telling you, this is a super job. The field trips alone are fantastic.




And with apologies for these poor pix (I promise I wasn't trying some vintage filter!), check out these two vintage treasures. They're from another shopping spree altogether. The next time we get over to this house I'll get better snaps to share. Meanwhile, fingers crossed these will someday be part of our new kitchen. 



New beginnings in the midst of old treasures. A good report from your (school) girl Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment