UA-48009635-1 UA-48009635-1

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ciao Bella!

Summertime and the livin' is easy!  We're on our third Italian adventure.


Waking up to this is a guaranteed good start. See that chair on the far left? That's where I had my coffee while reading the villa guidebook in my nightgown. Let's break that down: Coffee. Reading. Pajamas. Sunshine. That is one ideal morning.


Note, too it didn't include school uniforms, a city bus or sherpa-like dragging of various small people gear. I call to your attention the absence of scooters, guitars, rucksacks, PE kits and the (I'm not making this up) 6 Nursery "Traditional Tales" assembly costumes I carted around last week. Not kidding. Two bear, 1 knight, 2 dragon, 1 princess. Which reminds me, I have to tell you later about Baby Sister being all 3 of the Three Bears, but eegads - even thinking about last week is making me do some Lamaze breathing at the computer, so let's table that for another day.


Beach, pool, wine, cheese, olives, villa exploration, reading. Rinse, repeat. Just one day into the trip, and I'm certain I could get used to the Sicilian lifestyle.




We're a bit like those old commercials for Florida tourism: "We need it BAD!" London has endured historic chills all "spring" and we were in proper coats this week. In the rain. Also the kids will start school in Nashville about 20 minutes after they finish their British school year (actually about 3 weeks, but with jet lag, boxes, buying two cars, and learning to understand Southern and all, it will surely seem like less).

I suppose what I'm saying is don't hate me because we're off on another fantastic trip. We still have a whole half term of school ahead of us, are having daily conversations about what exactly will be moved when, thinking of planning goodbye parties and trying desperately to cling onto normal life as Londoners, too. 

Aside from jetting across the Atlantic in August with heavy hearts and nervous anticipation of what's ahead, this is our big summer trip. So we're going to soak it up. Namely the sun. And ensure won't return to the States with rickets if we can help it, too.

And I still owe you a report from our US trip. Meanwhile, I should say we saw our new house and school and the girls were treated like tiny queens in Virginia. If we have to leave London (and I've checked and double checked. We do.) things in Nashville are sure lining up nicely. So all's well. 

Just wanted you to now that we're here and enjoying it and each other. More soon and much love from where we're having a brilliant time.




2 comments: