UA-48009635-1 UA-48009635-1

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Whole Lotta Love Here

Hi, friends!  There's so much love going on here and it has kept me from you!  Apologies and pink hearts just in time for Valentine's. All the way from a city where it isn't heralded with much fanfare. Or notice. S'alright. I'll be decked out in a heart "jumper" and apron (thanks, Aunt Robin!) by breakfast. The kids will find red arrows on the floor pointing them to these festivities. I am very sure we've helped our pig find its raison d'être. Thanks to everyone who sent us such sweet Valentine's.



More news about love: the Mister (and his voluminous hair) turned 40 last week.  Hooray! His big gift was a film we'd made in secret. One of the kids' teachers is an actual filmmaker and he interviewed the smalls about our lovey. I will figure out how to show it to you somehow. Consider this a verbal trailer for an upcoming feature.


This is an action shot taken on family night. Even in a candid taken by a small at a bowling alley, He's So Handsome! All this and check out his bowling moves. Even still, Baby Sister had us all beat until the last frame. I think it was her technique of a running start.


Note the the Mister: If you ever start a blog, I'd be grateful it doesn't include photos of my backside. 

To celebrate his big birthday, we went to dinner high above London and then afterwards even higher to the Shard. Photos to follow when I figure out how to download them from another of the Mister's birthday presents. Which, you should know, in a supreme act of giving, required me to go to the Apple store. Ugh. Thank goodness Big Brother was able to do all the talking. I was busy rolling my eyes over the salesperson pointing me in the direction of the person "hosting this section." Probably only fair that given it was the Mister's big day and I was treated to a date with my sweetheart, great wine, yummy dinner and a priceless treasure of a movie of our children (whew!) that I sacrificed a bit of my soul to appear at the Apple store.

Speaking of souls, we celebrated our second Pancake Day and are walking slowly into Lent. Which is to say that we indeed ate lots of pancakes served up in the school hall yesterday and began our Lenten plans but maybe not yet started in earnest. This year, I'm going to say a daily rosary. Today we received ashes at our church with all of Our Sweet School. It is these times with dear friends that make me completely ignore the fact that we'll not be Londoners next Ash Wednesday.




Birthday, bowling, hearts and flowers. More soon and meanwhile, much love from London,



No comments:

Post a Comment