UA-48009635-1 UA-48009635-1

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Door Able

'Tis a bit of a tough season for door decor. Out with the old and in with...what exactly?  Too soon for hearts and Valentine's and too bare in the flat without the Christmas tree to pull off a naked door.

So I decided to replace this:


With one that can be very temporary:


It is probably a good thing that February is just around the corner because I fear my January wreath is just one curious swipe from being undone.  But provided my staple gun handiwork holds, it might be fun to have an excuse to try it again.



Maybe the wreath should be covered in snowflakes like London! We've had snow since Friday and it is delightful. The kids have been out all weekend in snowsuits in the park. Biggest Brother has been a real champ putting Baby Sister into all sorts of gear, and after ferrying them all across the street, pulling his crew on a boogie board.




Oh! And here's another teeny bit of home decor that is warming my heart. When we were in Barga, Italy, I bought two cloth shopping totes from the tiny market in town. The market was two doors down from where we bought lots of pretty ceramics. Speaking little Italian, we were all curious but dutiful in following the ceramic shopkeeper out the door...and to the butcher's. We couldn't help but to laugh when he piled our purchases on the meat scale. Oh, yes! This is how he was going to weigh our treasures and estimate their shipping costs.

But I digress. I sent one tote to my own Big Sister and turned mine into a throw pillow ("cushion" in British English). Now a bit of Barga can highlight our living room. I'm considering doing the same with one of these jute sacks. Can you tell I'm going out of my way for inside projects this weekend?  Stay warm and cozy!



No comments:

Post a Comment